Important information for Establishments:
The Apprenticeship Program in India under the Apprenticeship Act 1961 is implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) at the National level. The MSDE has entrusted the Directorate General of Training [DGT] to implement the apprenticeship training falling under” Designated Trades” and made the National Skill Development Corporation [NSDC] responsible for apprenticeship training under “Optional Trades”. For more details regarding Trades & Courses please visit apprenticeship portal http://apprenticeshipindia.org.
To support the establishments in approving the stipend claim process and to prepare them on the domain specific OJT training and/or Basic Training (BT), below guidelines have been drafted.
A. Commencement of Apprentice Basic Training
- During the BT:
- Attendance record of all apprentices is shared on monthly basis to us.
- Periodically share the time-stamped pictures and videos of the apprentices along with their identity in form of name or contract number. TSC team shall create a Shared Google Drive specific to the establishment and it is encouraged that on weekly, or any lower frequency feasible, basis the evidence is shared in the google shared drive in a proper hierarchy.
- Share the contact number of the shop floor training Incharge for time-to-time interactions.
- After the BT is complete:
- Declaration on Establishment letterhead of having completed the basic training along with the list of apprentices with name, apprentice code, job role and period of training. Ensure that the name and contact details of the signing authority are clearly mentioned.
B. Commencement of apprenticeship OJT training
Irrespective of the type of program, namely, NAPS or non-NAPS, following need to be followed.
- Periodically (at least weekly) share the time stamped pictures and/or videos of the apprentices undergoing OJT and mentioning the identity of the apprentices on email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emphasis may be on covering all apprentices at least once over the complete OJT duration.
- Pictures and/or videos should clearly show the machine on which the OJT is undergoing along with the view of the apprentice.
- Share a one-time declaration on the letterhead of the OJT company stating that apprentices as per the below details are undergoing apprenticeship training at OJT company. The authorized signatory of the OJT company should bear very clearly the name and designation. Process may be followed whenever a new apprentice gets included.
· Apprentice Registration No
· Apprentice Name
· Opportunity Name
· Quarter & Year
- While the apprentice completes three quarter of OJT, please share the OJT assessment results with us. It is mandatory to submit the results of the internal OJT assessment and have the theory assessments conducted by TSC before the stipend claims can be proceeded for the 4th Quarter for an apprentice.
- Share the contact details of the shop floor executive responsible for OJT training. He/She at times may be approached by TSC in arranging a video call with the apprentices undergoing training.
In all communications on email, it may be ensured that the email ID registered by the establishment on http://apprenticeshipindia.org are used for communication or looped in.
Please write to email@example.com for any clarification or information.